Terms & Conditions
Effective April 2021
These Terms and Conditions are entered into between Corporate Lodging Consultants, Inc. ("CLC") located at 8111 East 32nd. St. North Suite 300, Wichita, Kansas 67226 and you, the "Customer." Customer shall include any of your employees, agents, contractors or others that use the Services through Customer’s account. Customer’s use of any CLC software, platform, CheckInn Card, Trip Card or other CLC service is Customer’s consent to these Terms and Conditions.
1. Term and Termination: These Terms and Conditions are entered into and binding upon Customer upon the occurrence of any of the following Services: (a) Customer’s submission of the Application in writing, by phone, through online application on CLC's website, or otherwise; (b) by Customer’s use of any CLC Service; (c) by Customer’s use of a CheckINN Card or (d) Customer’s use of a CLC Trip Card. These Terms and Conditions shall be made effective and deemed binding upon customer upon the earliest occurrence of any of (a) – (d) above.
CLC may add additional Services to or suspend or discontinue any part of the Services at any time.
Upon termination, expiration or discontinuation of Services to Customer, Customer agrees to destroy or to return any materials, forms, supplies or other property delivered by CLC to Customer, including but not limited to CheckINN Cards or CLC Trip Cards, and Customer shall pay— without setoff or deduction— all hotel charges, other charges, any CLC fees, charges, and any other amounts which may become due and payable that were incurred prior to such date.
2. Statement of Scope and Responsibility: CLC provides Services to Customer for its business travelers. The Services may include, among other things, a listing of hotel locations with discounted rates for travelers, reservation assistance Services, consolidated travel statements and invoices, acceptance and processing of billings from hotels for Customer for the lodging and client-approved incidental expense of Customer’s travelers, the ability to book air and/or car rental reservations, or the supply of CLC Trip Cards to use as payment for certain eligible Services. Services may also include the disbursement of payments to hotel locations for hotel billings after receipt of payment from Customer to CLC for such hotel billings.
CLC does not provide lodging and does not resell lodging. Customer acknowledges that lodging is provided by individual hotel locations. In accordance therewith, Customer acknowledges and agrees that CLC shall have no responsibility or liability for lodging and Services provided by a hotel location, and that CLC shall have no responsibility for the safety of a traveler in connection with CLC providing the Services hereunder. CLC makes no warranties or representations of any kind with respect to the safety of any hotel facilities, Services, grounds, transportation Services or surrounding areas.
3. Payment Terms, Pricing, and Other Terms: Customer is required to pay for any Services consumed by Customer through the use of Customer’s account with CLC. Depending on the Services consumed, payment terms for hotel room and tax charges, other charges, CLC fees and charges for Services are set forth on the Payment & Pricing Schedule which may be accessed by Customer by logging into Customer’s account at www.clclodging.com and clicking on the “Payment & Pricing Schedule” link. Alternatively, Customer may request a paper copy of Customer’s Payment & Pricing Schedule by calling CLC at 866.860.6374.
Charges and fees for Services are set forth in Customer’s Payment & Pricing Schedule. Additional terms and conditions may apply to Customer’s use of the Services and may be set forth in Customer’s Payment & Pricing Schedule or within these Terms and Conditions that are specific to such Services. Customer shall be responsible for remitting payment to CLC for all amounts that Customer incurs for Services.
CLC may update these Terms and Conditions through Customer’s Payment & Pricing Schedule, by notifying Customer by mail, email, or by through updates to these Terms and Conditions, accessible at www.clclodging.com. Customer’s access to Customer’s account or any use of Services following such notice or publication constitutes Customer’s acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
Customer is unconditionally responsible for payment to CLC for all amounts Customer incurs for Services, including but not limited to, hotel charges, taxes, incidentals, or any other charges billed, as well as all CLC charges and fees for the Services (the “Charges”). Customer is solely responsible for all Charges incurred on behalf of Customer and indemnifies and holds CLC harmless from any and all liability for such Charges, including but not limited to any attorneys’ fees required to defend or prosecute any action to collect on such Charges.
Customer authorizes CLC to invoice Customer for all Charges and all other amounts set forth in a Payment & Pricing Schedule or to seek payment for the Charges from Customer’s credit card as identified by Customer to CLC. The Charges are subject to change at any time without notice.
Customer’s obligation to pay CLC for Charges is absolute and shall not be diminished, excused or discharged by any act of Customer, its designee or agent, whether negligent, dishonest or otherwise, including unauthorized use of Services by Customer, its designee or agent.
Customer agrees to refer all inquiries from hotels regarding Customer lodging to CLC for consideration and exert reasonable best efforts to ensure that Customer’s travelers utilize hotels provided by CLC.
Customer authorizes CLC to obtain a business credit report and to conduct inquiries (including through the use of third party Services) regarding Customer’s business and creditworthiness.[EG2]
4. Accommodation Services and Standards:
Standard Room Type: Standard room is two-person occupancy. If booking includes a third person then a second room is required.
No Shows: No show by the Customer at the accommodation establishment without prior warning shall be considered a cancellation. CLC shall inform Customer of charges payable for a no show, which may range from the cost of one night to 100% of the cost of the booking. For no-shows or early check-outs, the accommodation establishment may charge the full amount of the original booking, in which case reimbursement to Customer shall not apply.
Reservation Modifications: Modifications to extend the reserved period shall be subject to availability; in the event of an extension, Charges shall be modified accordingly.
Cancellations: In the event of withdrawal of the Services purchased, Customer shall have the right to be returned all amounts paid with deduction of any cancellation charges incurred. Cancellation charges may vary depending on the destination, dates, and cancellation policies of the accommodation establishment. All cancellations must be made via the CLC Website, Mobile App, or by calling CLC’s Travel Support Center. Bookings made via CLC’s Website, Mobile App or Traveler Support Center, may be cancelled by request of either Party with no penalty whatsoever in a force majeure event, which may affect the various destinations and, specifically, the location of the accommodation establishment, as well as the country of origin of the Customer.[EG3]
Early Departures: Claims for reimbursement by Customer leaving the accommodation establishment before the reserved departure date (early check-out), must be addressed to CLC within 20 days of the date of departure, together with written confirmation from the accommodation establishment of time and date of departure.
Property Name Changes: Throughout the year, some accommodation establishments may change name or trade name, which shall not be construed as a change of accommodation establishment or modification of the booking. In some countries, there is a local tax known as "visitors' tax", “city tax” "tourist tax" (or similar) and other fees including (but not limited to) resort fees or service charges, which shall be paid directly by Customer.
Deposits & Incidentals: Most accommodation establishments may request a holding deposit on credit or debit card upon arrival at the accommodation establishment for incidental charges incurred during the stay, including but not limited to, long distance telephone charges, room service, resort fees, in-room movies, damage or theft of property belonging to the accommodation establishment, mini bar usage and other such amenities.
5. Provision of Air and Car Services: If the Services provided by CLC includes the ability to book air and/or car rental reservations, the provisions of this section shall apply, in addition to the other terms and conditions. The provision of air and/or car rental reservations is provided by a third party, currently through Priceline.com. The terms and conditions applicable to any such air and car rental reservations through Priceline can be found on Priceline.com, currently located at https://secure.rezserver.com/car_rentals/help/terms/?refid=8673. All such terms and conditions are incorporated into these terms and conditions by reference. CLC will not charge a booking fee for the provision of these air and car rental reservations. Payment for any air and/or car rental reservations shall be made at the time of booking by the person booking such reservation. Any billing issues, billing disputes, reservation modifications, cancellations, or customer service requests must be directed to the third party which booked the reservation (i.e. Priceline).
6. CLC Trip Card: If the Services provided by CLC include access to CLC Trip Cards, the provisions of this section shall apply, in addition to the other terms and conditions. The CLC Trip Card program is a Service provided by CLC to allow Customers the ability to book and pay for certain expenses directly on a virtual credit card (“VCC”), namely the CLC Trip Card. Customer shall be solely responsible for determining which of its employees or other persons shall have access to CLC Trip Cards. Customer is solely responsible for payment of any charges incurred on CLC Trip Cards, in addition to any and all transaction fees, or other fees, incurred through the use of the CLC Trip Card. The CLC Trip Cards are cards issued to CLC and Customer is given access to such cards; however, Customer’s use of CLC Trip Cards Any disputes with regards to charges shall be pursued by Customer directly with the Merchant. CLC is not required to but may assist Customer in a dispute process. CLC Trip Cards are intended only for business related transactions by Customer; however, CLC will not, in any way, restrict such usage of the CLC Trip Cards and Customer remains solely liable for any charges incurred on the CLC Trip Cards. CLC may suspend a Customer account in its entirety or any individual CLC Trip Card for any reason, at any time, in CLC’s sole and absolute discretion. CLC Trip Cards may only be used for purchases and cannot be used for cash advances, ATM Transaction, or cash back on purchases. All CLC Trip Card purchases will be invoiced to Customer in accordance with Customer’s prevailing contractual terms for Services. CLC maintains all right, title and interest with regards to CLC Trip Cards and any such relationships CLC has with any merchant, vendor or otherwise in regards to the CLC Trip Card program.
7. Lost or Cancelled CheckINN Cards: Customer shall regard CheckINN Cards supplied by CLC as being solely the property of CLC and acknowledges that all such cards are subject to immediate cancellation upon notice from CLC. Customer shall: (a) immediately discontinue use of CheckINN Cards and cause such cards to be destroyed or returned to CLC upon CLC's written notice to Customer, (b) notify CLC immediately of the loss or theft of any CheckINN Cards, (c) collect all CheckINN Cards from terminated employees and agents and promptly destroy or return such cards to CLC, and (d) remain responsible for use of all CheckINN Cards until receipt by CLC of written notice by registered or certified mail, facsimile, e-mail or through CLC's Customer Web Site of said loss, theft or employee termination.
9. Limitation on Liability and Indemnity: The parties agree that CLC shall have no responsibility for the safety of Customer in connection with providing Services hereunder and that CLC makes no warranties or representations of any kind with respect to the safety of any facilities, Services, grounds, transportation services or surrounding areas. Customer agrees to indemnify, protect, defend and hold CLC, its parent and subsidiary entities, and its and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates ("Indemnified Party") harmless from any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, cost and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs for any accident, personal injury, property damage, incidental or consequential damages, economic loss, or any other loss of any kind sustained or incurred by Customer's employees, agents, representatives or any other person or entity, which are alleged to arise directly or indirectly out of (i) the acts or omissions of Customer; and/or (ii) the Indemnified Party's performance or its failure to perform any Services or obligations under these Terms and Conditions, regardless of the nature of the claim or the theory or recovery asserted against the Indemnified Party, including claims that Indemnified Party was at fault, negligent, or strictly liable. Customer further agrees that CLC’s liability for damages of any kind in connection with the performance of the Services shall not in any case exceed CLC’s fees and charges (exclusive of hotel charges and taxes) paid by Customer to CLC during the latest twelve (12) month period. In no event shall CLC be liable for any consequential, economic or special damages in connection with the Services, even if CLC has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
10. Disputes: CLC will use reasonable efforts to assist Customer in resolving any transactions disputed between Customer and accommodation establishment, provided, however, that CLC shall have no responsibilities (financial or otherwise) for such disputed transactions. Final resolution of disputed transactions is the responsibility of Customer and/or the accommodation establishment.
11. Changes to Terms and Conditions: CLC may amend or restate these Terms and Conditions at any time by notifying Customer by mail, email, or by publishing new Terms & Conditions at www.clclodging.com. The Terms & Conditions may be accessed by Customer by logging into Customer’s account at www.clclodging.com and clicking on the “Terms & Conditions” link. Alternatively, Customer may request a paper copy of Customer’s Terms & Conditions by calling CLC at 866.860.6374. Any use of Services following notice or publication of amended or restated Terms & Conditions constitutes Customer’s acceptance of the then-current Terms & Conditions. In the event that Customer does not agree to amended or restated Terms & Conditions, Customer may terminate these Terms and Conditions upon notice to CLC.
12. Miscellaneous: The obligations of confidentiality and indemnification, and Customer payment obligations shall survive any termination of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed by and exclusively construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Kansas without regard to conflicts of laws principles or provisions. Customer agrees that all claims, actions or disputes in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved exclusively in the courts of Sedgwick County, Kansas. These Terms and Conditions, including the Application and the Payment & Pricing Schedule, constitutes the entire understanding and agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior negotiations, agreements and understandings between the parties, whether oral or in writing, concerning the subject matter hereof. If any part of these Terms and Conditions shall be determined to be invalid, null, void, illegal, unreasonable, or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then such court shall reform such part to render it enforceable to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. Further, the remaining parts of these Terms and Conditions shall be fully effective and operative insofar as reasonably possible.
These Terms and Conditions may not be assigned by Customer. Customer agrees to notify CLC immediately in writing of any changes in Customer's ownership or legal structure.
The CheckINN Card is intended solely for business travel at participating hotels.
No persons under the age of 18 are permitted to stay at a CLC network property using the CheckINN Card as the primary method of payment.